Maximize Your Soul’s Growth Blog
Read In 181 Countries and 7,447 Cities Around The World
Are Nutritional Supplements Harmful to our Health?
Attacks on the natural health industry are increasing and will continue to increase as more and more of us turn towards natural alternatives and away from drugs and chemicals. The latest “news” was that nutritional supplements are ineffective at preventing disease and can actually be harmful to our health. More times than not, it is the drug companies and their marketers that are putting out this negative propaganda on natural supplements. And more times than not, these studies are not based on double-blind, placebo-controlled research. Interestingly, drugs are the third leading cause of death yet no one has died from taking supplements. Drugs also deplete the body of good bacteria, causing or contributing to over 200 symptoms, conditions and/or disease.
In the 1950s, doctors were advertising spokespersons for cigarettes, stating that cigarettes help individuals overcome anxiety, shyness and other challenges! Now, doctors recommend Prozac, statin drugs and other drugs to assist with those challenges. It’s a little hard to believe their claims that supplements are useless when we take a look at what it is that they are promoting.
There have been numerous studies demonstrating the value of nutritional supplements but, unfortunately, they do not get the press that the less accurate studies do. Here are some of the results of these studies:
- UCLA evaluated over 11,000 men over a 10-year period. Those who took 800mg of Vitamin C a day, lived 6 years longer than those who only consumed 60mg of Vitamin C a day. There was a 42% reduction in deaths from cardiovascular causes. Linus Pauling proved that 10,000 mg or more of Vitamin C can prevent heart attacks.
- The Physician’s Health Study II found that taking a multi-vitamin and multi-mineral resulted in an 8% reduction in overall cancer incidence and a 12% reduction in cancer deaths, even after following up 11 years later. The study also found a 39% reduction in fatal heart attack risk. The Supplementation in Vitamins and Minerals Antioxidants Study found a 31% reduction in cancer incidence in men who took a multi-vitamin. In 2012, 23,943 individuals who took antioxidant multi-vitamins, for an average of 11 years, were 48% less likely to die from cancer.
- A 2013 study done on 88,045 postmenopausal women reported that Vitamin B6 and Riboflavin intake reduces the risk of colorectal cancer in postmenopausal women. A 2007 study of 81,184 individuals found that low Vitamin B6 intake is related to an increased risk of colorectal cancer.
I think of my own clients:
- The 2 year old that was hardly speaking until she was given liquid zinc for just four days.
- The little boy who could barely read until he was given fish oils every day.
- The number of children who eliminated their candida symptoms simply by taking a good quality probiotic.
There is no question of the value of nutritional supplements. Please don’t succumb to the negative propaganda that is so rampant in our world. Take a look at the published evidence that clearly supports nutritional supplementation and open yourself up to a whole new realm of health.
I welcome your feedback! And please feel free to leave a link back to your own blog too if you have one, via the commentluv feature here on the site.
If you love this blog, won’t you vote for us? You’ll find the link in the sidebar to the right of this post. If you are reading this post via email, please click here to be taken to the website where you’ll find the vote box. Just click on the box. This registers a vote for my blog. There is nothing more you need to do! It’s quite simple. Thank you for your support.
Until next time,
Leave a Comment