Maximize Your Soul’s Growth Blog
Read In 181 Countries and 7,447 Cities Around The World
Mum’s Original – Choco-Orange Balls Recipe
I mentioned in my last blog post that I would be sharing more of Ann Barnes’ information with you because she and her work inspire me so greatly. It is clear that Ann’s company, Mum’s Original choose their products with great thought, research and intention. Cacao is just one example of the incredible nutrition that is packed into the foods sold by her company. In this blog post, I’m including a wonderful recipe for Choco-Orange Balls.
Did you know that Cacao contains over 300 compounds including: protein, fat, carbohydrates, fiber, vitamins and minerals?
Some of the benefits include:
- Cacao is the highest dietary source of the mineral magnesium, which helps to: decrease blood pressure, support a healthy heart, relax muscles and strengthen bones.
- Cacao beans are rich in other essential minerals, including sulfur, calcium, iron, zinc, chromium, copper, potassium and manganese.
- Cacao has Vitamin C and all of the B vitamins.
- Cacao contains oleic acid, a heart-healthy monounsaturated fat, also found in olive oil, that may reduce blood pressure.
- Cacao is one of the richest natural sources of antioxidants (twice as much as red wine, and three times the amount in green tea). Cacao’s antioxidants help to increase cardiovascular health by improving blood vessel dilation and lowering the bad cholesterol.
- Cacao has feel-good effects due to high levels of phenyl ethylamine (PEA) and anandamide: the result is a natural feeling of well being, decreased depression with an increase in energy and alertness (without the undesirable side-effects of caffeine).
- One to two percent of cacao is Theobromine (an anti-bacterial), which helps to stimulate the central nervous system and dilate blood vessels.
There were rave reviews for the cacao recipe below. I thought I would include it for your enjoyment:
Ann’s Choco-Orange Balls
The dates in this recipe are a great way to get a healthy, sweet taste. These are simple to make and can be easily stored in the fridge or freezer for great protein poppers when needed.
3 cups pitted dates
1 cup orange juice
½ tsp vanilla
2 cups whole cashews or pieces
1 cup commercially-roasted hemp seeds
¾ cup cocoa
½ cup Salba whole seeds
Soak dates, juice and vanilla in a bowl for an hour. In meantime, blend cashews in a food processor until ground and place in a separate bowl. Pulse mix the date mixture in food processor until still a little chunky and not completely smooth. Add date mixture to cashews and add in all other ingredients. Chill mixture in fridge for an hour. Make into quarter size balls and keep in a sealed container in the fridge. Makes about 30 balls.
I just added Mum’s cacao nibs to Mum’s oatmeal for a great start to my family’s day today! Good nutrition really can taste delicious! Ann’s book Better Being, contains numerous other nutrient rich and delicious recipes, along with many ideas as to how to make health-conscious and smart decisions about food, exercise and lifestyle in general.
“There is but one temple in the universe and that is the body of man.” Novalis, German poet and philosopher (1772-1801), Better Being – Ann Barnes.
I would love your feedback on this recipe! Don’t forget to leave a link back to your own blog via the commentluv feature here on my site.
Until next time,
So, maybe chocolate is the world’s most perfect food. That would make me happy. I think one of the best attributes is the high magnesium. Magnesium is essential for your body to properly absorb calcium. And, if you enjoy the higher intensity dark chocolates (70% and up) you avoid a lot of the sugar.
The recipe sounds great. I’ll have to give it a go. Nice post.
Thank you Bill! I agree with you on all the attributes of chocolate but I hate to say that it is not perfect…..don’t forget about the caffeine in the chocolate..had troubles sleeping just the other night due to this factor…. Meredith
I would like to express my thanks to this writer for rescuing me from this particular setting. Just after browsing throughout the world wide web and finding ways that were not pleasant, I assumed my life was well over. Being alive without the presence of answers to the issues you have resolved through this report is a crucial case, and those which could have badly damaged my career if I hadn’t come across your blog post. Your actual natural talent and kindness in handling every item was vital. I am not sure what I would have done if I hadn’t discovered such a step like this. I can also now relish my future. Thanks very much for your expert and amazing help. I will not be reluctant to propose your blog post to any individual who ought to have guide about this matter.